Let us find the comparison on selling a car on Ebay vs. Craigslist. You can sell your car at much higher price. Read the advantages and disadvantages of selling car on Ebay and Craigslist.
Selling a Car on Ebay vs. Craigslist – Higher Profit
Buying a new car is one of the complex decisions that you have to make. With so many vehicles listed on eBay and craigslist, you might be overwhelmed with the choices. Each of these sites has different advantages, so you need to choose according to your needs. In this post, we cover the sensitive topic of selling your car online. After going through it, you will know everything about selling a vehicle on eBay vs. craigslist.
Read more: Difference Between a Career and a Job
Selling a car on eBay
If you want to know more about selling a car on eBay vs. craigslist, you are in the right place. eBay has a pretty straightforward process for selling a vehicle, explained on their site. They advise you to gather basic information, make good pictures, and keep track of the activities related to your listing.
There is a detailed checklist that is simple to follow so that you won’t forget anything. If you wish to sell your car, you need to have a seller’s account on eBay. It is free of charge, and you don’t have to pay anything for joining. However, there are specific fees related to the listing.
Read more: How to Open a Money Market Account
- There is a place for premium purchases so that you can get the actual value of your car.
- The bidding feature will chase away the low-ballers while welcoming the interested buyers. You won’t have to waste your time on people looking for cheap offers, and you can get straight to business.
- eBay sales go through Paypal. Their system holds the money and prevents fraud.
- You can include as many details as you want to familiarize the potential buyers with the car’s sale.
- The buyer protection policy can sometimes bring you unreasonable complaints. eBay works more in favor of the buyer and believes that the customer is always right.
- Listing your car on the online marketplace costs money. If you wish to sell your car online on eBay or craigslist free of charge, you will need to pick the second option.
- You need to have an active Paypal account to transfer the money.
Selling a car on craigslist
Should you sell your car on eBay vs. craigslist? This popular website differs from eBay in a few ways, so you can choose the one that suits your needs.
- The Craigslist ads can be customized to your liking so that you can bring up detailed information and add photos.
- The payments are made in cash. You don’t need to wait for transfers and online payments to be completed.
- You aren’t required to pay fees for listing your car online. There is a one-time$5 fee for posting an ad.
- The buyer has a clear idea about what they are buying.
Read more: How Many Times can you Use a VA Loan
- Your listing is only limited to viewing in your city.
- Meeting potential buyers at your home might be intimidating.
- Craigslist caters more to low-budget sales, so selling expensive cars might be tricky. Expect to receive low offers, so get an accurate estimate for your car’s current market value.
- You need to check the cash by yourself to avoid counterfeit bills.
Read more: How to Invest in Mobile Homes
Online car selling eBay vs. Craigslist comes with many pros and cons. The final choice depends on your specific preferences and situation, so stick with the one that answers your needs.
Should you sell your car via eBay vs. craigslist? If you wish to pay less for listing your car online, stick with Craiglist to avoid the usual eBay fees that range from $25 to $75. If you have an expensive car and want to get the accurate market value, join eBay to avoid the low-ball offers.